Sunday, August 5, 2012

Poems

I wanted to post 2 poems I wrote a few years back. Hopefully I'll get back into writing more poems soon. Maybe posting these will inspire me.

Roller Coaster
Up and down
Lurching from side to side
Never knowing what to expect
Can't see the turns ahead.
That double loop hit me by surprise.
Feet dangling in the air
Feeling so insecure, is this safe?
Finally it slows down
Only to speed up
To zoom through the scariest twist of all!
A rapidly plunging downward spiral,
My heart stops.
It pulls up only just in time.
Am I safe yet? Can I look now?
Who can tell in the roller coaster of my life.
Jennifer Sue Bischoff



It may take a long time,
and a steel frame of mind
Who would have guessed
It would be such a mess?
I know that we are not born
To be sad and to morn.
Happiness is the plan of life
for it surely isn't strife.
We cannot live in the past
when there is the present -
We cannot dwell in the present
When there is our future.
Learn from our past mistakes
Then we will see what the future makes.
Jennifer Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!